Join Geoff Notkin of Meteorite Men on a thrilling adventure
REAL TRAINING REAL METEORITES REAL ADVENTURE
Get space rockin' with
Action Scientist and meteorite specialist Geoff Notkin
January 6 through 8, 2017
OUR JANUARY, 2016 ADVENTURE SOLD OUT IN ONE WEEK
SPACES ARE LIMITED — DON'T DELAY
White Stallion Ranch (WSR), once a grand working horse ranch, is now one of the finest dude ranches in the country. It is also a highly sought-after film and television location and many celebrated productions have been shot there including Winchester '73 with James Stewart, the classic western Arizona, the adored TV series High Chaparral, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and most recently, Geoff's latest television adventure, Meteorite Hunters Unlimited, which reunites Geoff and his Meteorite Men co-host, Steve Arnold. Set among thousands of acres of breathtaking, pristine desert, populated by massive saguaro cacti and spectacular wildlife, an expedition to WSR is an authentic Wild West adventure and offers "the personal touch and hospitality of a traditional dude ranch carefully blended with the service and amenities of a fine resort."
All Meteorite Adventures participants will receive a thrilling three-day, one-of-a-kind experience and will benefit from Geoff's unmatched twenty-two years of experience hunting space rocks and a lifetime of adventuring. He has found thousands of meteorites on four continents and is ready to share his secret storehouse of knowledge with you!
Your all-inclusive package includes:
* Two nights of luxurious accommodations at the famous White Stallion Ranch
* Three days of activities including hands-on training, lectures, and two meteorite hunts!
* Hors d'oeuvres and dinner on Day One; three prepared meals on Day Two; breakfast on Day Three
* Use of Minelab metal detector and our magnet cane
* Expert meteorite hunting training from Geoff and his team
* Expert detector training by one of Minelab's most experienced specialists
* Day One (evening) "Nuts and Bolts of Meteorite Hunting" audio/visual presentation by Geoff
* Desert operations safety briefing
* A full day of field hunting with Geoff and his team. You keep what you find!
* Geoff's hilarious talk: "My Amazing Adventures in Adventure Television"
* Optional additional "free hunt" (unsupervised) in either strewnfield on the morning of Day Three
* Optional visit to Aerolite Meteorites HQ to see the company's world-famous meteorite collection
* An adventure backpack (yours to keep as a souvenir) containing a water bottle, first aid kit, flashlight, and official Minelab ball cap
* A color, suitable-for-framing, Meteorite Adventures Graduation Diploma, personally signed by Geoff Notkin
And . . .
* If you enjoy using the metal detector and other equipment provided, they will be available for sale, at a specially discounted price, at the end of the weekend.
An unforgettable three-day cosmic adventure!
We will assist you with check-in and getting settled at the ranch. We will hold an afternoon meet and greet in WSR's spacious Longhorn Room (conference room with lounge). Get to know Geoff and his Aerolite Meteorites team and begin your one-on-one training with our Minelab detectors and meteorite hunting tools.
The meet and greet social hour will be followed by an evening instructional talk by Geoff. He will present an exclusive and detailed slide show and lecture and will share specific information about his unparalleled expertise in meteorite hunting. On display will be a selection of meteorite specimens similar to those you will be hunting for. The evening will conclude with a VIP dinner prepared by WSR's excellent chef. Join us afterwards for cocktails in WSR's fabulous, private Wild West bar.
Following breakfast served on WSR's lovely patio, Meteorite Adventures participants will head out into the field for a safety briefing, followed by two actual meteorite hunts. Our adventurers will split into two groups:
Geoff and his team will join you for breakfast and will examine and discuss your finds. Meanwhile, both the strewnfields are open for unsupervised FREE METEORITE HUNTING. The final morning hunt has been a highlight for many of our guests, as they scoured the desert for meteorites missed during the initial hunt. PLEASE NOTE: Due to logistical considerations, the free hunt is only available to Meteorite Adventures participants staying overnight at the ranch.
All attendees are then invited to join Geoff on an optional visit to Aerolite Meteorites Headquarters in Downtown Tucson, to see Aerolite's world-class meteorite collection. Alternatively, you may relax at the ranch until checkout. Guests are also welcome to stay on for additional nights if they wish (additional charge; see below).
STAY ON FOR EXTRA NIGHTS
WSR has very kindly extended a most generous offer to us: Meteorite Adventures participants are invited to come early or stay late for additional nights at a highly discounted rate. This will be especially attractive to overseas travelers who wish to recover from jet lag before we begin, or for those who would like to take advantage of the ranch's spectacular location. Please note: Extra nights should please be booked directly with White Stallion Ranch. Ask us for details.
Immerse yourself in an authentic, full-on, meteorite-hunting adventure!
Geoff's one-of-a-kind custom Special Expedition Vehicle, The Mule, will be on site all weekend and a few lucky participants will be treated to a ride in it, during a special personal tour of the Meteorite Hunters Unlimited filming locations at WSR. The Mule has appeared in seven television shows including Meteorite Men, STEM Journals, Cosmic Collisions, Globe Trekker, and Meteorite Hunters Unlimited, and is one of the most recognizable custom vehicles in the world.
Excited? There's more:
In addition to 100+ iron meteorite fragments buried at the site and 100+ stone meteorites on the surface, we will bury two larger iron meteorites (worth $500 each); one for each of the detecting groups. These are also finders-keepers pieces and they will really give you an incentive to put what you've learned into practice.
LUXURY ACCOMMODATIONS — EXCELLENT FOOD
* The Meteorite Adventures package is $1,595 per person (adults) and $695 for children (10 to 17 years of age).
* You are responsible for your own travel to and from Tucson. We recommend renting a vehicle, as the ranch is about 30 minutes from Tucson airport.
* Guests may opt to stay on and enjoy horseback riding and/or an additional nights. Please ask us for details and please note there is no horseback riding on Sundays (it's the horses' day off!).
* Special Locals Reduced-Cost Package We are offering a discount for participants who live in the Tucson area, and/or wish to arrange for their own accommodations and meals. Take advantage of everything offered (meals, training, equipment use, etc.) but go home at night to your own home or alternate hotel. Discounted price: $1,095 single occupancy (adults) and only $395 for children (10 to 17 years of age).
* We are hunting close to a site where space rocks have been found in the past. Because meteorite finds are normally few and far between, and because we want every Meteorite Adventures participant to learn all the necessary skills to be a meteorite hunter and to take home their own finds, we have opted to salt the sites with authentic specimens acquired from Aerolite Meteorites. There may be other in-situ meteorites at the site that we have not placed there. If you find them, you keep them too.
* All participants will be required to sign a White Stallion Ranch insurance waiver.
* We rarely experience rain, but it is possible. Please, therefore, be aware that this is an all-weather event. We will continue with the adventure regardless of conditions. We will send clothing recommendations with your welcome package.
BRING FRIENDS OR YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
* Do you have a friend, family member, or significant other who would like to accompany you, but doesn't want to participate in the Meteorite Adventures training and field hunt? Bring them along and WSR's famous hospitality will make them feel entirely welcome. Use the pool, the game room, the gym, read or play chess in the magnificent lounge, or enjoy cocktails at the Wild West bar. There is plenty for everyone to do.
SOAK UP THE ADVENTURE . . .
Enjoy delicious meals, comfortable lodging, Arizona's year-round sunshine, one-on-one hunting and training, and social time with Geoff and his team with you as their special guests. Receive personal answers to all your meteorite and meteorite-hunting questions and enjoy Geoff's unique wit, expertise, and exclusive presentations.
to email us and reserve your spot!
In order to give everyone an unmatched adventure experience, space is extremely limited. To secure the ranch, we require a non-refundable deposit of $500 per person with the balance due sixty days before the expedition begins.
You will love this adventure, and remember it for the rest of your life
because we will teach you precisely how to find treasure from space!
We look forward to seeing you in the field
CALL US TOLL FREE
International dial: +(USA) 520-742-3333 In Arizona: 520-742-3333
Or to email us
Entire contents of this site are © 2006–16 by Meteorite Adventures
No reproduction without written permission. We strictly enforce intellectual property rights.